According to 2019 U.S. Census Bureau data, almost one in every six Utahns either moved into, out of or somewhere new within the state in 2019.
- The most in-migration by a landslide was from Califorina (17,821), then Nevada (10,529), Colorado (7,856), Idaho (6,752) and Arizona (6,031).
- The top destinations for departing Utahns were Texas (10,072), Arizona (8,917) and Idaho (7,371).
- Over a half-million Utah residents moved: 389,000 within the state, 96,000 from another state and 16,000 came from abroad.
- Utah has continued to be a desirable location for younger people. The state's average age is the lowest in the country: 30.7.
What have we seen in 2020?
- This year, Utah has seen an influx of new buyers as the pandemic-triggered